What Is the Wedding Shoe Game?
The Wedding Shoe Game is a popular reception activity that tests the couple’s knowledge of each other. From who is the funniest to who is the best cook, the newlyweds will have to answer a variety of questions without seeing one another’s answers.
How to Play
The wedding shoe game is easy to set up and play. You’ll only need a little space that everyone can see. Have your bridal party clear the area and set the game up when it’s time to play.
Step 1: Set Up
You’ll need two back-to-back chairs in the designated area for this game.
You and the groom should sit on the chairs and shouldn’t be able to see each other.
You should then take off your shoes and swap one for one of the groom’s shoes.
You should be holding one of your shoes in one hand and one of your partner’s shoes in the other before the game starts. Similarly, he should also have one of his and one of your shoes.
Step 2: The Host
Choose a fun host for this game: one of your life-of-the-party friends or relatives who can command a crowd would be the best option.
The host will ask the bride and groom a series of questions.
Often times your host will be your DJ or Master of Ceremonies.
Note: All Pro Sound & Light Show DJs are trained to host this game.
Step 3: The Questions
The questions are a crucial part of the game. They should be interesting enough to gain reactions.
The host will ask about 20–30 questions about the couple.
The question could be as trivial as, “Who wakes up earlier?” or as naughty as “Who likes role-playing more?”
You can start with easy questions and add more personal, funny, or naughty ones, depending on your preferences.
Step 4: Raise The Shoes
You and the groom should use your shoes instead of shouting the answers to the questions.
Raise your shoe if you think the question describes you more, and raise your partner’s shoe if the question fits him better. He should do the same.
Check how willing your husband is to play it before adding this to your program.
Discuss the type of questions you’re both ready to answer in front of your family and friends, who’ll most likely be filming the whole time.
Ensure the host makes short pauses between the questions to give you and your guests time to react (or object!) to the answers.
SHOP THE WEDDING HEELS
SHOP THE WEDDING FLATS
The game only needs those four steps, but if you and your husband are a daring couple, go ahead and allow some time for an open mic for five questions from your guests.
Your family and friends will have a hoot.
Wedding Shoe Game Questions
If you are planning on playing this game, then you will need some questions to ask. Whether you use these as examples of what’s appropriate or if you are looking for a few questions to use, here’s a list of popular examples.
- Who hogs most of the bed?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who has the better driving record?
- Who farts more?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who uses more toilet paper?
- Who has bigger feet?
- Who has a bigger butt?
- Who has better vision?
- Who has better hearing?
- Who is worse with direction?
- Who sneezes more?
- Who has the nuttier family?
- Who has the most shoes? (It is the shoe game, after all!)
- Who was the first to admit their love?
- Who was the one who made the relationship “official?”
- Who was the first one to have a crush on the other?
- Who wears the pants in the relationship?
- Who has to always have the final words in an argument?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who flirts the most?
- Who is always the first to say “I love you?”
- Who is the smarter one?
- Who is your favorite person?
- Who makes more money?
- Who spends more money?
- Who shops more?
- Who works more?
- Who generally picks up the tab at restaurants?
- Who is the cheapest?
- Who tips the most?
- Who pays the most bills?
- Who is more clumsy?
- Who talks the most?
- Who looks in the mirror more?
- Who stinks up the bathroom more?
- Who talks the loudest?
- Who has the better laugh?
- Who tells the best jokes?
- Who is more serious?
- Who is more flexible?
- Who is most the dramatic?
- Who is the biggest baby when they’re sick?
- Who gives better presents?
- Who gives the most unexpected surprises?
- Who is the first to apologize after arguing?
- Who has better hair?
- Who is more forgetful?
- Who cries the most during movies?
- Who has more dressy clothes?
- Who is more stubborn?
- Who exercises more?
- Who eats healthier?
- Who is in better overall shape?
- Who eats the most fast food?
- Who does more household chores?
- Who’s car is the cleanest?
- Who would rather be outdoors?
- Who spends the most time on the phone?
- Who sings better?
- Who dances better?
- Who brushes their teeth the most?
- Who holds their liquor better?
- Who takes longer showers?
- Who takes the longest to get ready?
- Who is the cleanest?
- Who dresses better?
Now that you have plenty of ideas for your wedding shoe game questions, you should be all set to play the game. Just wait and see what your guests can come up with.
SHOP THE WEDDING HEELS
SHOP THE WEDDING FLATS
Check out these printable versions of the game for your guests!