20 Save Money Baby’s Breath Wedding Centerpieces
Baby’s breath is a popular choice for wedding flower arrangements because it adds a charming touch without breaking the budget. You can use it in a variety of ways, from centerpieces and ceremony decor to bridal bouquets and wedding cakes. It’s also a great choice for DIY wedding projects.
If you’re looking for inspiration, check out these original and easy-to-make baby’s breath wedding centerpiece ideas.
Here are a few more baby’s breath wedding centerpiece ideas:
- A tall, clear glass vase filled with baby’s breath and surrounded by floating candles.
- A wooden crate filled with baby’s breath, roses, and other seasonal flowers.
- A small potted plant of baby’s breath, paired with a candle in a glass jar.
- A rustic wooden box filled with baby’s breath and other wildflowers, accented with a burlap ribbon.
- A baby’s breath and rose bouquet in a vintage teapot, surrounded by tea light candles.
- A tall vase filled with baby’s breath and surrounded by string lights.
- A mason jar filled with baby’s breath and other seasonal flowers, tied with a burlap ribbon and accented with a wooden “Mr. & Mrs.” sign.
- A baby’s breath and greenery garland wrapped around a candelabra, accented with rosebuds.
- A tall vase filled with baby’s breath and surrounded by votive candles.
- A small potted plant of baby’s breath, paired with a small bouquet of roses in a matching vase.
Is Baby’s Breath a cheap wedding flower?
Yes, baby’s breath is generally considered a relatively inexpensive flower option for weddings. It is widely available and has a delicate, airy appearance that adds texture and volume to bouquets and centerpieces. Because it is often used as a filler flower, it can help to stretch your floral budget further without sacrificing the overall look of your arrangements.
How do you make a baby’s breath centerpiece?
Here’s a simple tutorial on how to make a baby’s breath centerpiece:
- Gather your materials: You will need a vase or container, floral foam or water tubes, scissors, and a bunch of baby’s breath.
- Prepare your vase: If you’re using a vase, fill it with water and add a water tube or piece of floral foam to hold the flowers in place. If you’re using a container that doesn’t hold water, such as a wooden box or crate, you can skip this step.
- Cut the stems of the baby’s breath: Use scissors to trim the stems of the baby’s breath to the desired length. Make sure to cut at an angle to help the flowers absorb water more easily.
- Arrange the baby’s breath: Begin by placing the tallest stems of baby’s breath in the center of the vase or container. Then, add shorter stems around the edges, filling in any gaps as you go. You can use a single variety of baby’s breath, or mix and match different shades for added interest.
- Finish the arrangement: Once you’re happy with the placement of the flowers, you can add any additional elements you’d like, such as ribbon, candles, or other small accents. You can also spritz the arrangement with a little water to help the flowers stay hydrated.
And that’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can create a beautiful and affordable baby’s breath centerpiece for your wedding or other special occasion.